Terms & Conditions
Acceptance of Terms & Conditions:
Any use of the website www.srilankanexpeditions.com hereinafter referred to as “Site” , or written communication with Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd , for the purposes of travel arrangements, confirms that you fully accept the following booking conditions.
- Packaged Tours and Vehicle Hiring Conditions - An advance of 50% from the total quoted value is required to reserve the tour or the vehicle. Balance 50% should be paid before 45 days of your booked date of the tour or vehicle.
We reserve the right to cancel your booking in case of non-payment or partial payment and will inform you of this. Bookings should be paid by Bank Transfer or Credit Card using our secure online payment system.
- Cancelled by you, with a notice coming to us less than 45 days prior to arrival date - There will be no refund for you.
- Cancelled by you, with a notice coming to us more than 45 days prior to arrival date - 80% of the total value will be refunded to you.
- No show - There will be no refund for you.
- None refundable fee - 20% of the total value.
All banking fees to be paid by you.
- Itinerary Changes by Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd - All efforts will be made to provide your exact itinerary. Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd reserves the right, however, in unavoidable circumstances, to make adjustments. Exceptional circumstances such as an emergency change of accommodation while you are on holiday, we will refund you appropriately if the replacement hotel is cheaper.
- Itinerary Changes Requested By You - Best of Lanka's aim is to offer flexible itineraries. Once an itinerary is finalised and paid, requests for changes will be considered, but cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional premium.
- Cancellation By Us - We consider your holiday seriously. However we reserve the right to cancel your holiday due of unforeseen circumstances. In this event we will refund all money paid by you and, wherever possible, offer an alternative holiday with comparable type and quality. We cannot be held liable for any expenses that may be incurred by you during arrangements for a holiday that is subsequently cancelled by us.
- Suppliers and Service providers - Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd is not liable for any transaction you (Client) do with any other third party service provider during the tour other than Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd. Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd provides all mentioned services only through our contracted partners. If you deem to use any third party service provider during the tour, it is solely at your responsibility and Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd is not liable for any charges or fees incurring due to it.
- Flight Times and Other Essentials - Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd not be responsible for flight delays and additional expenses resulted by flight delays. You must also ensure that your travel documents, passports, visas, driving license, insurance details and moneys are in order
- Force Majeure - We cannot accept responsibility for Force Majeure – defined in these booking conditions as any specific event, which we, as the supplier of the services, could not reasonably have foreseen, influenced or avoided. These include war, or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorism, contamination, extreme or unusual weather conditions, industrial disputes, changes to sports itineraries, natural and nuclear disasters, fire, flight cancellations or rescheduling by airlines or any similar event beyond our control.
- Insurance - Every client of Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd , without exception, must possess valid travel insurance, and details of the policy must be stated before travel. Clients must ensure that this travel insurance offers acceptable cover for the type of holiday undertaken. We may refuse travel for all those insufficiently insured.
- Health - All tourists are strongly advised to verify on recommended inoculations, the need for malaria tablets, and to take other medicinal advice where their own health record suggests it is necessary, at least a month before travel.
- Nature of Overseas Travel - Holidays offered by Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd can range from lavish itineraries to budget-conscious. We will make every attempt to ensure that our planning is careful. But facilities and infrastructure in Sri Lanka can at times be comparatively underdeveloped. Delays, moments of uneasiness and risk can naturally occur in all travel. In the tropics, insects in rooms are common. Tourists booking any of our arrangements implicitly accept this as a fact of life.
- Representatives - The full-time presence of Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd Tours representatives is not routine. This depends on your choice of holiday and/or the extent of the support you have requested. It is your responsibility to confirm that these arrangements are sufficient.
- Information provided by us - Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd does not guarantee that all information available in our website is free from errors. But we will use all reasonable efforts to correct any errors once notified of them. Whilst we meticulously make every effort for accuracy, these opinions are necessarily subjective to some degree.
- Complaints Procedure - Any complaints must be pursued as soon as possible with the supplier of the service (example - hotel manager), or the chauffeur. If matters are still not satisfactorily resolved, the complaint must be put in writing within 24 hours and you must notify to Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd immediately, by calling us on 94 77 3476288 or fax or e-mail, in a auxiliary effort to rectify the situation harmoniously. We reserve the right to refuse liability if this settlement procedure is not adhered to.
General Terms and Conditions
Before you travel
Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd is not liable for damages or losses that may result from travel to any particular destination. The Government of your country may help travelers stay safe overseas. Check with your government for the latest advice on conditions and general information concerning specific countries.
It is your responsibility to ensure you have the relevant travel and health documents before departure for the country you are visiting, which shall include, but is not limited to, any inoculations that may be required, identification and passport. Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd shall not be liable for any expense incurred resulting from your missing, incomplete or incorrect documentation or any non-compliance with requirements.
Site content, documentation and booking information
Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd may modify the content of the Site and/or Terms at any time, and such modification shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified content and/or Terms on the Site and your continued use of or access to this website will be deemed to indicate your acceptance of the modified content and/or Terms.
Any information placed on the Site relating to hotels advertised on the Site including, but without limitation, details of the hotel, the availability of rooms at the hotel, the price of the rooms, the facilities available at the hotel, any accreditations afforded to the hotel and/or any details relating to any other services advertised on the Site have been placed on the Site by accommodation and/or service providers who are independent businesses and are not agents or employees of Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd or its affiliates. Such information does not constitute any advice or recommendation given by Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd and Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd shall not be held liable for inaccuracies or errors in the accommodation contents or any of its elements. These independent businesses provide the services in accordance with their own terms and conditions which may limit or exclude their liability to you. Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd and its affiliates are not liable for any acts, omissions, breaches or negligence of any such independent businesses or any damages or expenses resulting from the aforesaid. Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd and its affiliates are not liable for any refunds in the event of overbooking or force majeure or any other cause beyond their control.
To confirm a booking, you must be authorized to make the booking by all persons named on the booking and their parent or guardian for all party members who are under 18 when the booking is made. By making the booking, you are confirming that all persons named on the booking accept the Terms and that you will inform the other persons named on the booking of the confirmation details and any other appropriate information. By making the booking you also become responsible for making all payments due under the booking.
Age and responsibility
You warrant that you are 18 years of age or over and have legal capacity to use the Site and to create a legally binding contract.
You hereby authorize Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd to process all Personal Information about you and the persons named on the booking that has been obtained in connection with your booking. Personal information shall be deemed to include, but not be limited to: any telephone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses, addresses of residences, signatures, ID or passport copies, or any other information belonging to you or your group.
Legislation and Courts of Jurisdiction
This agreement will be governed by law of Peoples Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka and any disputes will be dealt with by the Sri Lanka Courts.
Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd may suspend access to the website, due to maintenance works, net security reasons or force majeure with no obligation to reimburse or compensate you for the period in which access was suspended.
Access to the Site is strictly controlled by Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd and Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd reserves the right to change, modify, substitute or suspend or remove without notice any information or service from time to time.
You may download one copy of the content of the Site for your own personal use but you may not in so doing remove any trademark, copyright or other proprietary notice. You may not otherwise copy, modify, reproduce, sell, lease, market or distribute the content placed on the Site without the prior written consent of Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd.
You may only use this website to make legitimate enquiries or bookings for yourself or another person for whom you are legally authorized to act.
You shall not:
- Post, transmit or disseminate any information on or via this website which is or may be harmful, obscene, defamatory or otherwise illegal, or may cause an infringement of the rights of any other;
- Make any other unauthorized, false or fraudulent booking;
- Use any software, routine or device to interfere or attempt to interfere electronically or manually with the operation or functionality of this website including, but not limited to, uploading or making available files containing corrupt data or viruses via whatever means;
- Deface, alter or interfere with the appearance and layout of this website or the underlying software code;
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on this website or related infrastructure;
Without prejudice to any of www.srilankanexpeditions.com's other rights, Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd reserves the right to deny access to this website and/or cancel bookings wherever and whenever Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd believes (at Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd absolute discretion) that you are in breach of any of the Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd Terms.
Links and downloads
Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd may provide hyperlinks or pointers to other websites maintained by third parties which Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd think may be of interest to visitors of the Site. Such other websites are not under the control of Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd or maintained by Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd and Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd is not responsible for the content of such websites. Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd provides these links for your convenience only but does not monitor or endorse the material on them. Best of Lanka (Pvt) Ltd cannot accept any liability whatsoever and howsoever arising in relation to any such other websites (including , by way of example, any inability to access or delay in accessing any such other website) or in relation to any material or information appearing on them or which you may otherwise come across after leaving the Site by way of a hypertext link or any other means or for any services or facilities of any description which you may book through or via any such website.
It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus programme on all content and materials downloaded from the Internet in general and the Site in particular.