Sri Lanka is one of the top Overseas Wedding destinations.Set for a traditional Sri Lankan wedding or for a simple ceremony on the beach. Diverse locations are available and choice is yours, Hill country locations amidst the Tea Plantation, Beach, Jungle and many more.....
Marriage certificate in English
Weddings will not be available on Poya Day and certain other Religious Holidays. Please Contact us for details.
All Weddings require 30% Non-Refundable prepayment to secure a booking. Balance must be received 30 Days prior to arrival in ‘Sri Lanka’.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me for any further questions regarding our Wedding Packages.
Legalities - Required documents for Weddings in Sri Lanka
Documentation for wedding and marriage ceremony must be sent to the hotel at least 4 weeks prior to the wedding day and includes:
- Photocopy of birth certificate (original to be presented prior to the wedding day)
- Photocopy of valid passport (original to be presented prior to the wedding day)
- Details of the names, addresses and occupations of the couple to be married
- Details of parents’ names, occupations and addresses
- An affidavit confirming marital status of bride and groom prior to the wedding. Should be signed by a Solicitor with company stamp.
- If either party to the marriage is divorced, a Decree Absolute proving the lawful termination of the previous marriage must be presented prior to the wedding ceremony
- If widowed, Death Certificate of former spouse of the previous marriage
- If names have been changed prior to the wedding, legal proof of change of name
What to wear?
Choice is yours, but traditional Western wedding dresses are discouraged because of the hot climate in Sri Lanka. Western type weddings dresses are recommended in hill country locations.
We suggest light silk dress.
Saris can be bought in Sri Lanka. If you bring your own material you can get it tailor made by a local dress maker.
Full suite or Smart Casual.
Top Wedding locations in Sri Lanka
- Nisala Arana – Bentota (Beach)
- River Garden Resort – Belihuloya (Hill country)
- Tea Trails – Hatton (Hill country)
- Goldi Sands – Negombo (Beach)