The perfect location for young and old, whether it's fun, adventure, tranquility or even romance.
Unwind and endulge into a world of thorough relaxation and be spoilt with our gentle and friendly service.
CASA SIENA, the former Taprobana crowned as a top boutique hotel, is since August 2009 finally in the hands of its proprietor and open again to pamper all its new and old clients with starting simplicity and style.
This exclusive boutique hotel was built in 1995 by a distinguished swiss/italian designer in the Tuscan style with a touch of colonial architecture. This unique complex is divided into three blocks, consisting of 9 rooms simply but beautifully furnished with handpicked antiques and reproductions and painted in bold warm colours. In the main block are the reception, the lobby and the Restaurant tastefully decorated with old paintings and pieces of art that reflect the ancient heritage and colonial past of Sri Lanka.
CASA SIENA offers a turquoise, well maintained pool amidst a green lush garden full of frangipani blossoms, three lotus ponds with colourful fish and beautiful exotic floras which bloom around the year.Rooms & Services
Each roomis furnished with a king size bed and ensuite bathroom with hot and cold water showers and provides either a generous veranda or balcony. A/C is not really a necessity since high ceilings, the fresh ocean breeze, overhead fans and polished cemented floors keep the rooms cool and comfortable.
As you enter the main block you find the reception, the lobby and the Restaurant where we serve Food & Beverages. For those guests who wish to dine out, Bentota offers a variety of Restaurants and hotels that serve international as well as typical Sri Lankan food. The reception will be helpful to arrange transport on request.
You can relax by the pool, in the garden or your pivate terrace, spoil yourself with an ayurvedic massage or stroll down across the railway track to the wide and nearly deserted beach where you can enjoy long walks and marvellous sunsets. The occasional train passing by you get quickly used to and usually the guests do not feel disturbed.Other facilities:
- Internet access
- Room Service
- Airport Transfer
- Laundry Service etc.
Explore the southwest coast and:
- Take a train to Galle and visit the old Dutch Fort
- Visit the bustling tourist village Hikkaduwa and enjoy simplicity or luxury
- Experience an interesting boat ride on the backwaters of Balapitia or in the vicinity of Bentota
- Visit "Brief Garden", designed by Bewis Bawa - brother of the well known architect Geoffrey Bawa - where you find a huge collection of tropical plants and trees and wonderful ponds and waterways
- Enjoy an elephant or horse ride along the beach of Bentota
- Hire a bike and enjoy a ride through paddy fields and rural areas, stop on the way somewhere and quench your thirst with a king coconut
- Discover the art of Mask Making in Ambolangoda and if you are a lover of antiques Ambolangoda is a must
- Visit the Turtle Hatchery in Koskoda
- Visit the Market in Aluthgama.... and and and...